A Nourishing Herbal Infusion in 5 Steps
1. While boiling enough water to fill a QUART jar, (with a lid) measure ONE OUNCE of dried herb, TWO OUNCES of roots (Use a scale for accuracy.) Add to jar.
2. Pour boiled water to fill jar. (Stir with a metal utensil to absorb heat.)
3. Tighten lid. Allow to steep at least 4-8 HOURS.
4. Strain and discard plant material. (Perfect for compost!)
Good eye if you noticed this isn’t the Red Clover we started with, I made three infusions the same day for a presentation. In this photo and the next, you’re looking at Oatstraw (Avena sativa)
5. Refrigerate and drink within 3 – 5 days.